Kyocera today announced a new lineup of CDMA phones for the US, including a messaging phone, three clamshell feature phones, and one entry-level model:
- M1000: This follow-up to the Strobe sports a similar sideways clamshell form factor, but is smaller, lighter, and sleeker, with an improved QWERTY keyboard. Other upgrades include a 1.3 megapixel camera and a larger outer color display. Bluetooth is also included.
- E1000: A clamshell phone with an internal antenna. The unique keypad features oversize keys. Key features include Bluetooth, a color external display, and a 1.3 megapixel camera.
- E2000: Similar to the E1000, but adds EVDO high-speed data, a microSD memory card slot, music player with external controls. Kyocera’s first phone with stereo Bluetooth.
- E5000: Similar to the E2000, but with a higher-end design featuring a unique S-shaped hinge and touch-sensitive music controls.
- S1000: A basic bar-style phone with an internal antenna and Simplified BREW 2.1 for downloadable basic games and content.