LG has announced they have sold 310,000 units of the LG Viewty since it was officially launched 5 weeks ago. The cell phone is a touch screen with a host of innovative features including a 5.1 megapixel camera with video capture of up to 120fps (supports slow-mo playback), ISO 800, handwriting input (you can scribble on images and save it), onscreen video and photo editing, manual focus (a first in handset cameras).
The Viewty is a relatively under-hyped product. Tech blogs don’t seem to be very interested in its no-nonsense camera and multimedia support (it plays DivX videos) and other unique features like the stylus as a dongle. If you ask me, this is the real iPhone killer.
- Tri-band GSM/GPRS plus HSDPA support
- 5.1 MP with auto and manual focus camera (takes 2592 X 1944 pixel photos)
- Camera strobe flash and focus assist beam
- 3-inch 262K color TFT touchscreen display with 240 x 400 pixels
- Secondary video camera
- VGA video recording at 30 fps and QVGA video recording at 120 fps
- Unique stylus dongle
- DivX video playback
- Haptic feedback